Tuesday 1 December 2009

Foy Vance


Last night I went to see Foy Vance play live in glasgow. Over the past year I have become a huge fan of his music. I love his style, how relaxing it is but most of all his lyrics are incredible. This was the second time I have seen him live now and I can safely say he was as amazing last night as the first time I heard him. As he came on to the stage he simply carried his acoustic guitar. I love how simplistic his performances are. He hits different pedals which records different sounds and effects throughout the songs and mixes them creating this mind-blowing performance as well as using his guitar as so much more than just an instrument. He conveys powerful emotion. I enjoyed every moment of it. Towards the end he walked off before playing one of my favourite songs but with an enthusiastic encore he came back and played it. I went to see it thanks to my flat mates as they bought me the ticket for my birthday. They however were not big Foy Vance fans. In saying this though I think they still appreciated the sheer talent he is gifted with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment